Sample Agreement - MentorME
Establishing the groundwork for your mentoring relationship is a key element for success. Depending on the issue/problem/need, not all mentoring relationships will need an agreement.
You give yourself and your partner an advantage by creating a mentoring agreement at the beginning of the relationship. This agreement provides a concrete foundation for what you wish to accomplish through the mentoring relationship.
It also helps you both manage expectations and clearly define your commitments. A good agreement provides the framework for the scope of the relationship and acts as a contract between the mentee and mentor.
Things to think about
- The mentee’s needs and goals
- Areas of the relationship that the mentee and/or mentor want to remain confidential
- A schedule for contact
- Ways for both the mentee and mentor to monitor progress, if necessary
Samples of Mentoring Agreements
- Agreement A.pdf, [PDF, 10 KB]; Agreement A.doc [Word, 30 KB]
- Agreement B.pdf, [PDF, 14 KB]; Agreement B.doc [Word, 32 KB]