Southern Maine Library District Job Description, Board Members, and Committees
- Attend quarterly and annual Board Meetings, and semi-annual Council Meetings.
- Assist at District Council meetings (e.g., registration, facilitating small group sessions).
- Serve on SMLD committees as requested (e.g., nominating, public relations).
- Bring concerns of your constituency (school libraries, public libraries, special libraries, academic libraries, library trustees) to the attention of the Board.
- Share Board information with your constituency.
- Assist in planning workshops and meetings for your constituency.
- Attend workshops and meetings for your constituency.
Terms expire Spring Council meetings (noted in the parentheses)
- Jodi Breau, School Library Rep. (2016) 2nd Term, Mahoney Middle School, 240 Ocean Street, South Portland, ME 04106 (799--7386) email@example.com
- Amy Wells Denecker, School Library Rep. (2014) 1st Term. Windham High School, 406 Gray Road, Windham ME 04062 (892-1810 x-135) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andi Jackson-Darling, Public Library Rep. (2015). Falmouth Memorial Library, 5 Lunt Road, Falmouth ME 04105 (781-2351) email@example.com
- Elizabeth (Beth) Dyer, Academic Library Rep. (2015) 1st Term.University of New England, 716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, 04103 (221-4333) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heidi Grimm, Public Library Rep. (2014 - filling unexpired Term), Merrill Memorial Library, 215 Main Street, Yarmouth, 04096, (846-4763) email@example.com
- Amanda Kozaka, School Library Rep. (2016) 1st Term, Cape Elizabeth Middle School, 14 Scott Dyer Road, Cape Elizabeth 04107 (799-8176) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Noyes, Special Library Rep. (2016) 1st Term. Maine Historical Society Center, 489 Congress Street, Portland 04101 (774-1822), email@example.com
- Beth Sweet, Public Library Rep. (2014 - filling unexpired Term), D.A. Hurd Library, 41 High Street, North Berwick, 03906 (676-2215) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Wood, Trustee Rep. (2015) 1st Term, Box 66, Harrison, 04040 (595-2489 or 583-4540) email@example.com (Harrison Public Library)
Ex Officio Members
- Regional: Janet McKenney, Maine State Library, 64 State House Station, Augusta 04333 (287-5620 or 1-800-322-8899) firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARRC Center: Stephen Podgajny, Portland Public Library, 5 Monument Square, Portland 04101 (871-1700 or 1-800-649-7696) email@example.com
- Consultant: Deborah Clark, Southern Maine Library District (SMLD), Portland Public Library, 5 Monument Square, Portland 04101 (871-1765 or 1-800-649-7696) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maine Library Commission Delegate: Jeff Cabral, McArthur Public Library, 207 Main Street, Biddeford, 04005 (284-4181) email@example.com
- Chair: Jodi Breau
- Vice Chair: Bill Wood
- Secretary/Treasurer: rotating position
Certificate of Appreciation: Jodi Breau, Mahoney Middle School; Amy Wells Denecker, Windham High School Library; Steve Podgajny, Portland Public Library
Cream of the Crop: Sheila Dube, Springvale Public Library; Lauren Isele, Scarborough Public Library; Sybil Shiland, Standish; Patty Temple, Long Island Community Library; Kris Zuidema, Edna Libby School, Standish; Nina Sachs, Walker Memorial Library, Westbrooke; Danielle Grady, Baxter Memorial Library, Gorham
Nominating: Jodi Breau, Mahoney Middle School; Amy Wells Denecker, Windham High School Library; Steve Podgajny, Portland Public Library
Public Relations: Inactive
Reading Round Up [statewide]: Sam Cote, Jackson Memorial Public Library, Tenants Harbor; Debbie Cleveland, Auburn Public Library; Patti Francis, Freeport Middle School; Meg Blakemore, Berwick Academy; Pam Goucher, Freeport; Dorothy Hall Riddle, Freeport; Lynn Howker, Monmouth Middle School; Liz McMahon, Messalonskee Middle School; Laurel Parker, Windham Public Library; Dawn Thistle, Vassalboro Public Library and Gardiner Public Library