Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL)
The Maine State Library (MSL), as an Area Reference and Resource Center (ARRC) for the Central Maine Library District (CMLD), will fulfill requests for CMLD libraries. Northeastern Maine Library District (NMLD) and Southern Maine Library district (SMLD) are supported by the Maine Regional Library System ARRCs listed below:
- Central District: Maine State Library
- Northeastern District: Bangor Public Library
- Southern District: Portland Public Library
- Interlibrary loan for libraries and citizens in the districts of the Maine Regional Library System.
- Interlibrary Loan for CMLD (this page)
- Interlibrary Loan for Northeastern Maine Library District (NMLD)
- Interlibrary Loan for Southern Maine Library District (SMLD)
- Free library cards for patrons in its District
- Backup reference services for libraries
Libraries borrowing from Maine State Library
- Maine State Library will lend materials or provide photocopies to other libraries outside of the Central District.
- We accept Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests via OCLC, mail, fax (207-287-5638), or through the online forms below.
- CMLD ILL manual.pdf, 119kb
Submitting a request
To submit an Interlibrary Loan Request online, please choose one of the three request forms below. Fill the form out as completely as possible, with only one request per form. If you have questions, please call the ILL Office at 207-287-5641 or 1-800-322-8899.
ILL Van Delivery Service
The Statewide Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Van Delivery Service (searchable participant list) is a voluntary service where participating libraries use a courier to deliver library books and materials to facilitate interlibrary lending and borrowing throughout the State of Maine.
- All libraries participating on one page
- Billing questions
- Frequently asked questions
- To join; edit information or give feedback for the van delivery service
Who Loans What
Who Loans What is a list of libraries in Maine accepting Interlibrary loan requests via email and any particular regulations they have for submission. This list is provided as a service to librarians and should only be used between participating libraries. Join or edit "Who Loans What".
- Good links on Bangor's Reading Ring Blog
- Information on swap titles, read book reviews, learn of local author talks, find links to book group guides, and more...