Evaluation of the Maine State Library’s Implementation of the Library Services & Technology Act Five-Year State Plan - 2003-2007
Prepared by Himmel & Wilson, Library Consultants, March 24, 2007
*Documents below are provided in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. To view PDF documents, you will need the free Adobe Reader. To view MS Word documents, you will need Microsoft Word or the free Word Viewer. If you need assistance, view our PDF Help page or contact us at the State Library using the feedback form at the bottom of the page or (207) 287-5620.
- Complete Evaluation.pdf [PDF, 281 KB] ~ 62 pages
- Complete Evaluation.doc, [Word, 637 KB] ~ 62 pages
- Appendix A: Focus Group Report.pdf [PDF, 78.2 KB], [ Word version Appendix A, 109 KB]
- Appendix B: Interview Report.pdf [PDF, 75 KB], Word version Appendix B-Part 1 , 100 KB]
- Appendix C: Web Survey Report.pdf, [PDF, 27.9 KB], Word version Appendix C, 72 KB]
- Appendix C - 2.pdf, [ 27.1 KB], [ Word version of Appendix C-2, 173 KB]
- Charts and graphs.xls, [Excel, 43.5 KB]
Table of Contents
- Introductory Statement and Summary of Impact of IMLS Funds to Support State Library Services
- Overall Report of Results in Achieving Goals and Objectives Based on the Five-Year Plan
- GOAL 1: Improve services, increase access, and improve efficiency for Outreach Services users.
- GOAL 2: Encourage all Maine children to read and provide equal support for blind, visually or physically impaired, and rural youth.
- GOAL 3: Launch and sustain a comprehensive public information campaign and develop resources that will spread awareness and increase use of Outreach Services and assistive technologies in libraries throughout the state.
- GOAL 4: Ensure that all Maine residents have convenient and timely access to all Maine libraries and information services through Maine Info Net, which provides live integrated library software, interlibrary cooperation, and resource sharing arrangements
- GOAL 5: Improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of resource sharing among Maine Libraries.
- GOAL 6: Expand easily accessible electronic information sources to all Maine residents.
- Results of In-depth Evaluation: MARVEL!
- Progress in Showing Results of Library Initiatives or Services: Outreach Services
- Lessons Learned
- Brief Description of the Evaluation Process
- Appendix A: Focus Group Report
- Appendix B: Interview Report
- Appendix C: Web Survey Report