2014 Maine Readers' Choice Award
2014 Maine Readers Choice Award Winner Announced
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Benediction by Kent Haruf
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
- TransAtlantic by Colum McCann
2015 Award Long List
Promote the Readers' Choice Award in Your Library
The Maine Readers Choice Award was established with the goal of increasing awareness and reading of adult literary fiction. Maine libraries play an important role in spreading the word about the award and encouraging participation and voting.
Here's how your library can help:
- Add the four books to your collection; put the logo sticker on the books. [Note you need Avery 22806 labels - 2 x 2. Staples had them] Blank template.doc; [Word,29 kb]; label logo.jpg [732 kb]
- Encourage your patrons to read the four novels.
- Send a press release to your local paper - feel free to modify our sample.
- Hang posters [PDF, 4.2mb].
- If your library has a tv monitor for digital displays, add an image graphic [ 16x9 pixel ratio JPG ]
- Add the book award logo and a link to the website on your library website.
- Use the bookmarks to promote, [PDF, 325kb]; [PUB, 396kb].
- Offer a book journal to patrons: 2 page booklet: page 1; page 2 [Word, 750kb - pg 1; 16 kb pg 2]
- Add one or more of the following resources to your library website and social media pages:
- Maine Readers Choice Award logo [ 350px | 300px | 250px | 200px | 150px ]
- Link to Maine Readers Choice Award website: http://www.mainereaderschoiceaward.org
- Maine Readers Choice Award banner [ 750px | 600px | 450px ]
- Maine Readers Choice Award square graphic [ 650px | 500px | 350px ]
- Maine Readers Choice Award banner (optimized for your Facebook News Feed) [ 843x403px ]