Individual Health Insurance
What You Need To Know
By March 31, 2014, all individuals must have a “qualified health plan” (QHP).
- QHPs are organized by metal level: Bronze, Silver and Gold, and Catastrophic.
Note – Catastrophic plans are only available to individuals under the age of 30 or to individuals who qualify for a “hardship exemption.”
- The Guide to Individual Health Insurance Brochure offers more information on choices and where to go for assistance.
- The Individual Health Insurance Health and Dental page provides an overview of the plans and insurance company contact information.
- The Individual Insurance Plans and Contacts page provides links to plans and insurance company contact information.
- Use the Bureau’s Rate Calculator to get an estimated premium for each of the plans available to you (both on and off the Marketplace), based on your county, age, and smoking status.
- For cost-sharing information related to stand-alone dental plans, both on and off the Marketplace, see the Bureau’s Stand-Alone Dental Plan Comparison for Individuals.