Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
SF Investments, Inc. ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
(CRD #6564) ) No. 05-043-CAG
This Agreement is entered into between the State of
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
all relevant times, it has been unlawful in
2. SF Investments filed an application with the Office of Securities for licensing as a broker-dealer on August 18, 2004.
response to inquiries from the Office of Securities regarding additional information
in connection with the firm’s pending broker-dealer application, SF Investments
informed the Office of Securities that it had effected at least five (5) transactions
for the account of two
is the Office of Securities’ position that SF Investments has acted as a broker-dealer
5. SF Investments has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations were inadvertent oversights.
6. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without SF Investments admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. SF Investments will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, SF Investments will pay the sum of $3,000 to the Office of Securities upon SF Investments’ execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against SF Investments, based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by SF Investments.
July 13, 2005 s/Daniel M. Shapiro, Vice President
Date Daniel M. Shapiro, Vice President
SF Investments, Inc.
July 20, 2005 s/Christine A. Bruenn
Date Christine A. Bruenn
July 20, 2005 s/Bonnie E. Russell
Date Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
July 18, 2005 s/Cathy J. Williams
Date Cathy J. Williams