Property Tax Law Book
The Property Tax Law Book includes provisions throughout Maine law that have an impact on property taxes. Title 36 is the primary tax law volume, but other titles contain relevant law, too. Selected sections from each title shown below are included, but are not all inclusive. See the Revisor's site for all Maine laws.
If you would like a printed copy of the law book or a copy of the files below on CD, complete an order form and send it to the Property Tax division with a check for $5.00.
This information is made available on the MRS web site as a public service. The Property Tax Division does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the statues included in this publication.
2014 Law Book
Title 36 - Taxation
- Part 1 - General Provisions §§ 111 - 200 (pdf version)
- Part 2 - Property Taxes §§ 201 - 1610 (pdf version)
- Part 4 - Business Taxes §§ 2623 - 2865 (pdf version)
- Part 7 - Special Taxes §§ 4641 - 4641-N (pdf version)
- Part 9 - Taxpayer Benefit Programs §§ 6201 - 6663 (pdf version)
All parts combined into one file (398 pages)