What to Expect when you call a Hotline
- You can access crisis services in Maine by calling 1-888-568-1112.
- Your call will automatically be connected to the closest crisis center in your geographic area.
- Crisis services are provided 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- You can expect trained and competent guidance from local crisis program staff.
- Crisis centers offer:
- phone intervention and support;
- comprehensive face to face professional assessments; and
- treatment recommendations in the least restrictive environment as possible to meet your needs.
This could include referral to outpatient services and community resources, a referral to a crisis unit, or hospitalization being recommended and/or facilitated to help you.
- Everyone has some rough times in life. You do not have to deal with them alone. Help is just one phone call away.