Training of Trainers
What is the “TOT”?
This training-of-trainers is a four-hour program designed to teach individuals, who have a basic suicide prevention background, how to facilitate a 60-90 minute suicide prevention awareness session. The TOT is designed to support local suicide prevention education efforts.
Who Should Attend?
Any individual who has attended a full-day gatekeeper training and is willing to assume the responsibility of helping to educate others about suicide prevention. It is best to attend with a partner who has also attended the Gatekeeper Training.
What’s In It for You?
A comprehensive user-friendly training package and practice with program presentation.
Participants will be able to name the important components of a basic suicide prevention awareness session, define and teach the three basic steps to a suicide intervention, organize and present a one to two hour suicide prevention awareness education session.
- Introduction to "guiding principles" of suicide prevention education,
- review of program materials,
- curriculum guidelines and priorities,
- lesson plan review/section by section,
- group activity demonstration of how to teach the three steps to a suicide intervention,
- practice presentations,
- review of resource materials.
For program content related questions contact:
(207) 622-5767 / 1-800-464-5767
Or fill out our Request for Information Form.