Office of the Maine State Treasurer
Welcome to our website from the State Treasurer, Neria Douglass.
Our office serves the public in many ways. We invest the State’s cash with the goals of safety, liquidity and yield.
Safety: This means we keep the full value of our holdings safe by investing in accounts that are insured or that are secured by collateral.
Liquidity: We are careful to have cash available for payments based on our knowledge of historic annual needs as well as agency requests.
Yield: We invest to grow State funds, which produces very modest returns in our current economic environment. Every dollar we earn helps Maine.
The State Treasurer serves as a director or ex officio member on the following boards:
- Adaptive Equipment Loan Board
- Board of Emergency Municipal Finance
- DIRIGO Health Agency Board of Trustees
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Indian Housing Mortgage Insurance Committee
- Maine Educational Loan Authority
- Maine Health and Higher Education Facilities Authority
- Maine Governmental Facilities Authority
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Maine Public Utility Financing Bank
- Maine Vaccine Board
- NextGen Investment Advisory Committee