Home → Legislation & Rulemaking
Legislation & Rulemaking
The Maine Department of Education is involved at various stages of Maine's legislative process:
- The Department acts as a resource to state legislators, providing information about Department programs and Maine's education system.
- The Department sometimes proposes bills and takes positions as appropriate on legislation that affects education in Maine.
- As a state agency, the Department is charged with adopting rules to implement laws passed by the Maine Legislature.
127th Maine Legislature, Dec. 2014-Dec. 2016
First Regular Session (2015)
- Maine Education Related Laws Enacted (PDF, 289KB)
- Proficiency Education Council Meeting Oct. 28, 2015
Federal and State Legislative Liaison