Home → Legislation & Rulemaking
Legislation & Rulemaking
The Maine Department of Education is involved at various stages of Maine's legislative process:
- The Department acts as a resource to state legislators, providing information about Department programs and Maine's education system.
- The Department sometimes proposes bills and takes positions as appropriate on legislation that affects education in Maine.
- As a state agency, the Department is charged with adopting rules to implement laws passed by the Maine Legislature.
127th Maine Legislature, Dec. 2014-Dec. 2016
First Regular Session (2015)
- Maine Education Related Laws Enacted (PDF, 289KB)
- Proficiency Education Council
- Meeting Notes Dec. 30, 2015 (RTF, 6MB)
- Meeting Notes Nov. 13, 2015 (RTF, 37KB)
- Meeting Notes Oct. 28, 2015 (RTF, 42KB)
- Resolve, To Stengthen Standards-based Diplomas (RTF, 45KB)
- LD1235 Council Members/Attendees (PDF, 13KB)
- Wall Notes (PDF, 88KB)
- PBE Simplified Pyramid (PDF, 173KB)
- Policy on Standards-Based IEP Goals (PDF, 718KB)
- Maine Equity Plan (PDF, 2MB)
- Five-Year PBE Plan (PDF, 5MB)
Federal and State Legislative Liaison