Large Print Free Services
Who is eligible for this free service?
- Residents of Maine who are certified as visually impaired.
- Maine libraries and institutions serving the visually impaired.
How can I use this service?
- Fill out an application at the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS). Note: applications must be signed by an appropriate certifying authority - please read the instructions carefully!
- You may request specific titles or ask our staff to select for you.
- Libraries can receive boxes of books periodically which include the types of books preferred by their readers.
- Books do not require postage, as they are mailed under a special "free matter for the blind" category.
- Call us toll-free at 1-800-762-7106 if you have any questions
- Email us your questions
This program is administered by the Maine State Library and funded by the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).