- » Help Center
Welcome to the Maine.gov Help Center!
Maine.gov Live Chat
Available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (Eastern time), excluding Holidays.
Click on the Live Help button to chat with a representative or find other ways to contact Maine.gov.
- Please be aware that chat communication is not secure. Do not send personal information such as credit card or social security numbers through your chat session or emails.
- Please disable any pop-up blocking functions in order to fully utilize the Live Help feature.
Common Questions about Services
- I'm trying to renew my vehicle registration but I'm receiving an error message regarding my control number. What do I do to correct this?
You must enter the current control number in order to complete a registration renewal. Please make sure you are using the control number from your current registration, as the control number changes every year.
- I'm looking for a specific agency to contact. How do I do so?
There is a complete listing of agencies, including mailing and physical addresses, and phone numbers directory in the State Agency Directory.
- How do I get a confirmation of my Rapid Renewal transaction?
Call InforME at 207-621-2600.
- I'm receiving an error message that states the billing information doesn't match for the Corrections Deposit Service. What do I do?
This problem can occur if the the name on the card isn't entered exactly as it was when the account was registered. If you have double-checked that the name has been entered correctly and are still having problems, give us a call at 207-621-2600.
- Do I need a username and password to file an Annual Report Online?
No, you do not need a username and password unless you are an InforME subscriber. You can choose to pay with a credit card or electronic check.
- How do I get a copy of a criminal record search that's already been processed?
Call InforME at 207-621-2600
- How do I get a copy of a hunting/fishing license that I already purchased?
- If purchased within the last 15 days: www5.informe.org/cgi-bin/online/moses2/retrieveLicense.pl
- If purchased more than than 15 days ago: www5.informe.org/cgi-bin/online/moses2/d_step01.pl
- It says I need to show proof of citizenship to renew my driver's license. Why?
Recent legislative changes now require proof of citizenship or documentation that you are in the country legally. For a full list of residency requirements, please see the Secretary of State site.
Common Questions about the Maine.gov website
- What are cookies, and does Maine.gov use them?
- How do I contact Maine.gov?
- How do I change the size of type on Maine.gov?
- How do I report a broken link on Maine.gov?
Common Questions about InforME Subscriber Services
- How do I become a subscriber?
Fill out the Terms of Service Agreement (PDF) and send it to:
- Attn: Subscriber Services
- InforME/Maine Information Network, LLC
- 45 Commerce Drive, Suite 10
- Augusta, Maine 04330
- How do I make a payment on my InforME subscriber account?
Call InforME to pay via ACH or Credit Card, or send a check to:
- Maine Information Network
- P.O. Box 404776
- Atlanta, GA 30384-0001
Common requests that are not related to state government
- Social Security or Disability Benefits information and application forms?
- The Social Security Program is administered by the US Federal Government, Social Security Administration. For information about this program and application materials, please visit www.ssa.gov.
- Passport information?
- The Passport Program is administered by the US Federal Government, State Department. For information or application forms, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
- A copy of my deed or property record?
- Deeds and property records are maintained by the County Registry of Deeds in the county where the property is located. To find contact information, please visit www.maine.gov/local/.
- Building permit and building code information?
- Building permits and code enforcement standards are issued by municipalities. To find the contact information for your municipality, please visit www.maine.gov/local/.