2nd Floor Conference Room Policy
The Maine State Library maintains a small conference room for the use of library staff and the public.
- The room may be reserved up to two weeks in advance, otherwise it is available for up to two hours on a first come, first served basis.
- The room holds six to eight individuals.
- Wireless connectivity is available but equipment such as projectors, white board, and/or computers are not available.
- Maine State Library Staff
- Researchers using Maine State Library resources
- Other library or literacy related groups
- Non-profit tutoring including Literacy Volunteers of America
- Other non-profit groups may use the room on a case-by-case basis.
- All use must take place during normal library business hours and must be scheduled to end 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library.
- Use must not disrupt the ability of the library to conduct its business in a normal and orderly manner.
- Recurring meetings may be allowed at the discretion of the Director of Reader and Information Services.
- Beverages are allowed in the meeting room as long as they meet the existing beverage policy.
- The room may not be used for day-care or babysitting purposes.
- The Library is not responsible for any materials or equipment left in the room. The Library cannot store items for groups using the conference room.
Adopted February, 2012