Process for Ordering Tapes
Your school can supply the blank tapes for duplication. Programs will be duplicated on user-supplied tapes at no charge. (We are not accepting DVDs at this time. DVDs can only be purchased through us.)
When sending in tapes for duplication, please include the following:
- Put the complete name and mailing address of your school on all videotapes and tape cases sent to us. Please do not use abbreviations or initials for the school name.
- Type or print legibly all the information requested on the order form. Include a phone number where you can be reached during the school day in case we have any questions regarding your order.
- Mail tapes in a padded book bag or small box.
- Rewind all videotapes before sending them to us.
Your school can purchase videotapes or DVDs from Educational Video Services instead of sending in blank tapes. The charge is $5.00 per tape or $7.50 per DVD, which includes the cost of the tape plus shipping & handling.
When requesting tape/DVD purchase for duplication, please include the following:
- Type or print legibly all the information requested on the attached order form, include the total number of tapes/ DVDs you wish to purchase, and the amount due Educational Video Services.
- Make check payable to Treasurer, State of Maine and attach it to your order. Payment must accompany the order. We cannot take purchase orders or bill you. Do not send cash.
- Include a phone number where you can be reached during the school day in case we have any questions regarding your order.
Quality Videotape Recommendation
Because of the high cost of repair to our video equipment and yours, we are continuing our policy of accepting "good tape" for duplication.
We reserve the right to return unacceptable videotape without the programs requested.
From our experience, there are brands which cause frequent maintenance problems on video machines. The difference in cost of purchasing good videotape versus poor quality tape is small compared to the cost of equipment repair.
We hope this policy will not inconvenience you, but will help prolong the life of your equipment and ours. Thank you.