Skip Maine state header navigation
Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation
|Home | Contact Us | Online Services | Publications | News|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Secretary of State Charles E. Summers, Jr. to Recognize the Farmington Farmers Union for 100 Years of Incorporation
AUGUSTA, Maine -- Secretary of State Charlie Summers will recognize the Farmington Farmers Union for achieving 100 years of incorporation during their Anniversary Celebration at the Farmington Farmers Union on Saturday, July 14, 2012.
First incorporated on Augusta 8, 1912 as the Maine Central Produce Exchange, a decision was made in 1917 to change the organization’s name to the Farmington Farmers Union. The group joined the franchise, True Value in 1982 and in 1993 took on Just Ask Rentals.
The Department of the Secretary of State, Division of Corporations maintains records for over 80,000 business entities and nonprofit corporations. Other Maine corporations celebrating 100 years of incorporation during 2012 include: Carmel Bible Conference; St. Michael’s Center; Waterford Library Association; Atlantic Fireman’s Educational Association; The Community Schools at Opportunity Farm and Camden; F.O. Bailey Company; Buck’s Harbor Yacht Club; Murray Corporation; Maine Osteopathic Association; North Haven Casino; GFWC Maine; and Little Diamond Island Association.
|Copyright © 2005 All rights reserved.|