Maps, Charts, and Photos
- Search for geologic maps and publications
- Types of geologic maps published by the Maine Geological Survey
- The Maine Geological Survey sells U.S. Geological Survey topographic maps for Maine at scales of 1:24,000 (707 maps cover the state), 1:100,000 (35 maps cover the state), 1:250,000 (13 maps cover the state), and 1:500,000 (1 map covers the state). To order maps, go to our Maps, Publications, and Online Data site.
- How to find which quadrangle covers an area.
- Old Topographic Maps: Geological Tools and Records of History (PDF 0.8Mb)
Air Photos and Satellite Imagery
- The Maine Geological Survey has two sets of U.S. Department of Agriculture aerial photographs covering Maine, a set at a scale of 1:20,000 from the 1960's and a set at a scale of 1:40,000 from the late 1970's. These photos are available for use at the Maine Geological Survey during office hours.
- Aerial photographs of Maine - Views from the sky (PDF 0.3Mb) - Maine Geological Survey fact sheet
- The Maine Geological Survey sells National Wetlands Inventory Maps published by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Digital Elevation Models
Last updated on April 25, 2012