Maine's Ground Water and Wells
- Our virtual tour (PDF, 1.6Mb) is a series of photos which portray issues related to water supplies, wells, and environmental issues.
- Originally published on the web as the Survey's "Site of the Month," these sites include more detailed descriptions of geologic features, field trips, and localities.
- Alkalinity: An Important Parameter in Assessing Water Chemistry (PDF, 0.8Mb)
- Anatomy of a drilled bedrock well
- Ground Water, Wells and the Summer of 1999 (PDF, 0.4Mb)
- Maine Springs (PDF, 0.5Mb)
- Maine's Dug Wells (PDF, 0.6Mb)
- Sand and gravel aquifer maps - A work in progress (PDF, 0.6Mb)
- Sand and gravel aquifers
- Seismic refraction profiling: An important tool used in mapping sand and gravel aquifers (PDF, 1.3Mb)
- Water resources in Maine
- Water well information
Geologic Maps and Digital Data
- ONLINE hydrogeologic map series
- PRINTED geologic maps
- Water Well Database - Downloadable database of located water wells.
- An Introduction to Ground Water Hydrology - This website contains information originally published in the first two chapters of the Ground Water Handbook for the State of Maine.
- Ground Water Handbook for the State of Maine
- Bibliography of Maine Geology - For those interested in more in-depth research, the Bibliography of Maine Geology contains more than 12,000 references related to Maine geology. The Bibliography is part of our publications search site and the results displayed will have links to online Maine Geological Survey maps and publications.
Ground Water Regulatory Issues
Last updated on March 29, 2013