Trail Conditions - Aroostook State Park
|February 4, 2014 | The well needed new snow has brought excellent conditions to the winter activities at Aroostook State Park. Cross Country Ski trails are in great shape with set track. Conditions are good to excellent. The snowshoe trails are almost perfect. Look for the new loop which will be appreciated by those that do not like the steep trails that we normally offer. That new loop starts to the left of the ski trail head entrance. The sliding hill is open again with enough snow to make the short trip fast!!! The annual Winter Family Fun Day will be held on February 22nd, 10am-3pm.|
Trail Overview & Winter Activites Listing
Located near the city of Presque Isle, the Park offers excellent maintained trails for classical cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The trail system has two warming huts, away from the parking lot, allowing the users a chance to rest and meet new friends next to the fire.
- Groomed 15 mile ski trail system offers a wide variety of skiing for all skill levels.
- Grooved double set track weave through distinctive Aroostook County forest and farm land areas, allowing visitors a chance to explore all the Park's winter beauty.
- Packed 5 mile snowshoe trail offers a vigorous trek to the top of Quaggy Jo Mountain.
- For those young at heart, use the plastic sleds provided or bring your own, a sliding hill near the Park entrance is packed and ready for a quick run down memory lane.
- NOTICE: The sledding hill is closed until further notice. (As of 12/30/2013.)
- An ice skating rink is on the lake. It is generally open but conditions may vary after snow storms and warm temperatures.
- NOTICE: The ice rink is closed until further notice during the 2014 season. (As of 12/30/2013.)
- Winter camping is allowed, but if you are looking for warmer accommodations check out visitAroostook.com for a list of local businesses.