Maine Snowmobile News & Trail Notices
Attention Trail Riders:
- When crossing railroad tracks be careful not to spin snow onto the tracks. Over time this snow builds up creating a ramping effect that has caused train derailment. These rail lines are privately owned and can be closed, which would fracture the trail system.
- Stop at all railroad crossings.
- Ride right.
MSA Trail Condition Reports, posted during the grooming season, are provided by MSA family or business members, groomer operators, trailmasters and project directors. Reports are not a guarantee of current conditions.
CMP Maine Power Reliability Project Hotline
- Go to CMP corridor trail closures
PL 48 - State Maintained Trails Meetings: PL 48 (PDF 14KB) was passed on June 11, 2013 and included language directing the ORV program to develop a plan for the elimination of state administered snowmobile trail grooming projects. Meetings were held in each of the state maintained areas: Beddington, Mt. Blue, Evergreen Valley and Frye Mt. The purpose of these meetings was to receive comments, ideas and thoughts on PL 48. This directs the ORV program to save money with the theory that the clubs and towns are able to maintain trails as a cheaper rate. Meeting minutes can be accessed using the links below.
Frye Mountain (PDF 1.2MB) - Tri-Town Snowmobile Club House - Morrill – Thursday, August 14, 2014, 6:00 PM
- 7 Attendees, 3 MSA Committee Members, and 4 ORV Staff
Evergreen Valley (PDF 1.3MB) – AJs Everything - Stoneham – Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 6:00 PM
- 23 Attendees, 4 MSA Committee Members, and 5 ORV Staff
Mount Blue (PDF 1.6MB) – UMF – Farmington – Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 6:30 PM
- 20 Attendees, 6 MSA Committee Members, and 4 ORV staff
Beddington (PDF 1.7MB) – Airline Snack Bar – November 20, 2014, 6:30 PM
- 19 Attendees , 4 MSA Committee Members, and 5 ORV Staff
We are awaiting proposals and suggestions from the area clubs. During the winter of 2014/2015 club members are encouraged to ride in the groomers in their area to get a feel of the trail system.
- Snowmobile Registration & Laws
- Snowmobile Education Courses
- Trail Condition Reports - Maine Snowmobile Association
- CMP Corridor Trail Closures
Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0022
Within Maine Only: 1-800-462-1019
Fax: (207) 287-8111
TTY: Maine Relay 711