Snowmobile News & Trail Notices
Attention Trail Riders:
- When crossing railroad tracks be careful not to spin snow onto the tracks. Over time this snow builds up creating a ramping effect that has caused train derailment. These rail lines are privately owned and can be closed, which would fracture the trail system.
- Stop at al railroad crossings.
- Ride right.
MSA Trail Condition Reports, posted during the grooming season, are provided by MSA family or business members, groomer operatiors, trailmasters and project directors. Reports are not a guarantee of current conditions.
CMP Maine Power Reliability Project Hotline
- Go to CMP corridor trail closures
No news articles currently available.
Forms - Quick List
To view the PDF files you will need to download free Adobe Reader software.
- Access Routes Guidelines - PDF (164KB)
- Bridge and Trail Construction - General Notification Form (link to LUPC site)
- DOT Snowmobile or Recreational Trail Crossing Application - PDF (27KB) - (DOT = Maine Department of Transportation)
- Snowmobile Trail Sign Order Sheet - PDF (141KB)
- Affadavit of Exemption for Grooming Equipment (link to Maine Revenue form)
- Permit by Rule (link to DEP site)
Snowmobile Registration & Laws
Off-road Recreational Vehicle Office
Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0022
Within Maine Only: 1-800-462-1019
Fax: (207) 287-8111
TTY: (207) 287-2213
Scott Ramsay Director
Off-road Recreational Vehicle Office (Snowmobile Municipal Grants)
Joe Higgins Recreational Safety & Vehicle Coordinator (Snowmobile Club Grants)
Lauri Noel Planning & Research Assistant (Capital Equipment Grants)